Saturday, September 27, 2008
Flew about 300km at Williams. Towed to Tree Farm with Ginny(G3), and released at 6,500 ft. Caught a thermal, headed Snow Mtn, then St. John, went and Sheet Iron. Flew a few miles further north, but couldn't find anything, headed south. Came back to Tree Farm, then Goat Pass, and went a few miles further south, but couldn't find anything, so headed north again. This time, I wanted to try different path, so headed to Hull Mtn north of Gravely Valley airport. This was a mistake. There was a thermal over Hull Mtn, but it went up to only 8,700 ft. That wasn't comfortable altitude to come back to the east ridges, but I managed to catch another lift between Hull Mtn and Sheet Iron, and was able to back up on the ridge. There, I headed to Black Butte where I caught a good lift up to 11,000 ft. The lift allowed me to clear Anthony Peak, but there was nothing between Black Butte and Anthony, so I turned back south there. On my way back, I used the same thermal over Black Butte, and circled with Luke(C1). A few people including Luke, Rich(7HV), Peter(PK), Bob(JH), and Peter Dean went further north by heading to Eagle Peak directly. But they reported that they had very hard time at Eagle Peak. With a few more lifts, I cleared Ramsey Gap, and flew back to Williams.
Climbing with Luke(C1) near Black Butte
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment