Drove with glider from Truckee to Ely. I'll spend three days here, and then move on to Parowan camp as I did last year (see links under Parowan Trip 2008 on the right). It was rather long 7-hour drive, but thanks to scenic roads and music, time passed quickly. Arrived at Ely around 7:30pm. Several familiar and new glider pilots were having dinner at the hanger, and gave me a warm welcome. According to them, the condition was not good today, and nobody flew. It looks like that is the case for tomorrow, but well, I need a rest, too. To name a few, Ramy Yanetz, Mitch Polinski, and Russ&Lynn Owens are here.
Drove 357 milesClick
here to view photos taken on the road. They all look the same? Yes, because the road looked the same all the way. Compare
this photo with
this one taken last year. Both were taken at the same gas station in Austin. Gas prices surely look much more peaceful this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment