Since I was coming back from the east, I had to take the terrain into the account to calculate the final glide. King Mountain Glider Park is on the west side of King Mountain, so I needed to be at least 2,000 ft over the glide path. When I turned back, I had something like 2,000 ft over the glider path, but I lost altitude considerably in the rain and had to use a few thermals to regain the altitude. Eventually, I came back with enough a margin. However, the air was rather bumpy and I threw up again. But again, I had a relief bag and had no trouble handing it. Yesterday, I gave up at 14,000 ft, but today I was able to go up to 16,500 ft, so it's getting better.
There was one landout on Mud Lake, and a motorglider used the motor to fly back home.
Click here to see more photos.
Nasty virgas
Flew 187 km
No comments:
Post a Comment