It was rather a short flight - 185kmSaturday, July 11, 2009
Landing out on Milford
Today, I took the first tow of the day. By the time of take off, there were many Cu's and noticeable ODs in Panguitch valley. I headed straight north using non OD cloudstreet. I passed Sulpherdale (which is unlandable even though the database says it is) for about 10 miles when I found that the street ended there. I turned south, and veered west to avoid ODs developing over Beaver. The clouds over the ridge between Beaver and Milford were not OD'ed yet. There was a bit of blue hole over Milford, but nice Cu's were observed west of it. So, I veered west hoping to connect to those clouds. But the blue hole over Milford was worse than I expected, and I hit a widespread sink which drained altitude which I hoped to use to get to the clouds to the west. I struggled a lot, but after all, I had to land on Milford airport. The airport had a very nice wide smooth runway (you can comfortably land 18m ship), and the airport manager was kind enough to let me stay in his airconditioned office until my towplane arrived, and even offered me cold drinks. Other people had a tough day, too. Yuliy had to start the engine to get back to Parowan.
Milford airport
It was rather a short flight - 185km
It was rather a short flight - 185km
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment